Sunday, September 13, 2015

Blue Skies


If you had been traveling my rabbit trail today, you'd have noticed that the sky was the same color as the 'economy tarps' they sell at Harbor Freight. Yes, they were the same shade of blue! It was sort of hard to believe, even though I was looking straight at both. The sky, the tarp, the sky again.

The next rambling of my thought went to a sermon I'd once heard preached about how God has a sapphire throne, because if true, it mush have been leaking out some color down here. The preacher  had based that upon  Ezekiel 1:26, "And above the expanse over their heads there was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like sapphire." 

Hearing that the Throne Room is sapphire perked up my thoughts, "Wait a minute!" because I had long thought the Emerald Rainbow of Revelation 4:3 "And a rainbow was around the throne, in appearance like an emerald," was rather conclusive: green, not blue. But...

I needed a tie-breaker.  It wasn't long until I found Exodus 24:9-10, when the Mosaic Covenant was sealed:
Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself.

Two votes for sapphire then.


Today, however, it matters not. I am not in any hurry to check it out; there will be time enough for that in the next age. Here in the now, the lighting of the sky is spectacular. And it glorious over my rabbit trail.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment